Lead Software Architect
The Lead Software Architect is responsible for overseeing and approving all programs related to TETHRIT prior to launch, supporting coaching and training of team members, developing program to ensure software security, and troubleshooting coding issues to alleviate or eliminate loss of productivity.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and requirements for software.
- Oversee and approve all final programs and products before the formal launch.
- Oversee and support coaching and training of team members to ensure all necessary employees are confident in the use of software applications.
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions.
- Prepare an easy-to-understand report for supervisors detailing achieved milestones and short-term project goals.
- Use a proactive approach to common challenges and continually researching best practices in coding.
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor sharing of private information.
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace.
- Work in coordination with the team to achieve Continuous Improvement goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle best practices.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies such as PHP or NodeJS, or Python.
- Proficient with commonly used technology tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Trello.
- Must be able to drive technical troubleshooting activities with the customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity, and open source technologies
- Understanding of SOC2, HIPPA, and ISO compliant processes
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to oversee customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be highly analytical with the ability to see the big picture and the details.
- Must be able to analyze code for weaknesses and errors, and oversee plans to improve them.
- Customer-facing and training skills a must.
- Must be results-driven, persistent, and focused.
- Must be a critical thinker and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years experience designing and implementing software applications, including designing secure software systems based upon industry-specific specifications and developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and more.
- Previous experience working with WebRTC or any other real-time communication framework, preferred.
- Previous experience working on large-scale software projects; experience with Agile methodologies.
- Professional programs certification in Java and others, strongly preferred.
COGNITIVE/PHYSICAL/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The cognitive/physical/environmental characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals; writing routine reports and correspondence, speaking before groups of customers or employees of the organization; performing mathematical calculations, including computing ratios, rates, and percentages; applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; and dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.